On this episode of Dentist Freedom Blueprint, we’re talking about a topic relevant to every private practice owner – human resources (HR). If you ever had to through the process of hiring a new team member or planning on doing so in the future, this episode is for you.
Our today’s guest, Carmen Torres, brings over 20 years of experience in creating equitable, safe, and collaborative workplace environments for both employers and employees. Carmen is a trusted advisor to many organizations and has helped countless small to midsize businesses and non-profit organizations establish reliable human resource departments.
Carmen’s approach includes a 360-degree analysis of the human resources function that results in building job descriptions, policy and procedures manuals, conflict resolution, employee retention, and termination structures, compliance, audit standards, and employee communications.
Tune in as Carmen shares her game-changing tips for seeking out, interviewing, and hiring new team members. From lining up interviews to gathering and analyzing references, you’ll learn everything you need to know to get started with your next hiring process.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- What it truly means to “Hire slow…fire fast.”
- How to use your network as a hiring source.
- “Passive” vs. “Active” candidates.
- The process Carmen used to help us with hiring for our company.
- Virtual interview vs. live interviews.
- How valuable references are and the policies regarding those.
- How to distinguish “A” players from the rest during this process.
- The services that Carmen and her company provide.
Featured on the Show:
Get the Full Episode Transcript: