After reading his book on retirement planning, I knew that Mart McClellan had to come on the podcast and share his unique perspective on finance and creating an effective retirement plan. Today Mart joins the show to explain how common misconceptions and bad advice in finance can be detrimental to your plans. He also offers tips and ideas that will help you build retirement savings earlier and faster.
Listen in as Mart discusses how he discovered his interest in finance—and found so much success that he had to bring what he learned to the dentistry world. You’ll learn the most important ways we should be keeping our money in motion and working for us, big myths that we shouldn’t buy into, and how to make our money gain velocity.
- 2:20 – How Mart found a passion for dentistry and finance.
- 8:12 – How he divides his time between dentistry and his macro wealth business.
- 10:00 – Common finance advice/brainwashing and what happens when you blindly follow along.
- 12:45 – The velocity of money—why they use it but don’t want you to.
- 17:45 – What people don’t realize about traditional planning.
- 21:20 – Why all debt isn’t bad.
- 23:22 – How to weigh opportunity costs.
Featured on the Show:
- Mart McClellan: Website | Blog
- Your Retirement Smile by Mart McClellan and Tim Streid
- For a free book and more, text “Phelps” to 208-269-9111
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Go to www.FreedomFounders.com/Scorecard to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
2. Attend A Workshop:
If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, our hands-on Freedom Blueprint Workshops are your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/workshop to claim your seat!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind:
If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (3-5 years or less), visit www.freedomfounders.com/step-1 to apply for a seat.
4. Want to Work Directly with Me?
If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call (972) 203-6960 Ext 144 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access program – we’ll set up a time with you to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.