Quincy Long helps people take control of their Individual Retirement Account (IRA). Often, you are taught that the only things to invest in are bonds and stocks. However, using a self-directed IRA, the possibilities for alternative investments are much more diverse!
Quincy’s long background in finance and tax law allows him to protect people from breaking the IRS’s rules. Taking control of your retirement account is empowering, but not without risk. Folks who go down this route need to be well-researched and informed.
Another important consideration is taxation of your assets. Many people are well-informed about avoiding trading fees, but we also have to consider the tax implications of your investing choices.
- 2:30 – How Quincy helps clients make alternative investments in their IRA.
- 3:20 – Definition of a self-directed IRA administrator.
- 5:00 – Why traditional investment houses limit where you can invest your assets.
- 6:40 – Who typically invested in a self-directed IRA.
- 9:55 – Opportunities in the world of real estate investing.
- 12:05 – Investing in private entities not listed on Wall Street.
- 13:10 – Avoiding taxes and minimizing your tax burden.
- 17:20 – Where do you find the deals you do.
- 24:00 – Our nation’s issue with debt.
Featured on the Show:
Get the Full Episode Transcript: