Peter Urling is a long-time practice owner and someone that I met during one of my online investment courses. One thing that really struck me about him is that he leads a very family-based lifestyle. Today he joins the podcast to share the vision he has for his family and his practice, as well as how he created a highly purposeful and high-impact life.
Listen in to get a glimpse of the important realization of how Peter has been fitting his life into someone else’s box and what needed to change in his life and practice. From the initial mentor-style conversation that led to this realization to the all-important family discussion, he shares how he is transitioning from a security-focused life into a freedom-focused life.
- 1:37 – How Peter’s career and practice ownership started.
- 2:54 – The RV life and the family-oriented decisions he and his wife make.
- 5:44 – The 2008 debacle and how Peter got his start in dentistry despite it all.
- 9:48 – The friction and challenges showing up in his and other practices.
- 13:27 – Something that spoke to him and why he decided to make a change.
- 18:36 – The next steps in the process of moving toward freedom.
- 22:37 – The importance of surrounding yourself with other freedom-focused people.
Featured on the Show:
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include residential/practice equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a free report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: