Failure isn’t the end—it is a crucial part of the learning and growing process and something that’s important for entrepreneurs to understand. Mark Costes is a long-time mentor, friend, and colleague, and he joins the show today to talk about the idea of failing forward. You will get tons of insight into multi-practice ownership, profitability, culture, leadership, and overcoming the fear of making mistakes.
During his career, Mark has started or acquired over a dozen dental practices during some of the most challenging times. Listen in as he opens up about his journey, setbacks, key mistakes, and tough lessons. Mark also gives great advice on who you need to be hanging around and the role of confidence, setbacks, and struggles in your career.
- 1:23 – Who Mark Costes is and his experience in overcoming challenges.
- 4:58 – Why transparency is crucial for moving forward.
- 8:20 – How Mark defines success and how his many failures influenced that.
- 11:50 – How he set himself up for success and found mentors to work with.
- 14:05 – Some of the biggest hurdles dentists are dealing with lately.
- 19:48 – How to look ahead and set the right course in the early years.
- 25:13 – The DSO event coming up and how they help people scale.
- 27:00 – What Mark is working on next and new things coming up for members.
Featured on the Show:
- Mark Costes: Website | Podcast | YouTube
- Dental Success Summit
- Pillars of Dental Success by Dr. Mark Costes
- Polaris Healthcare Partners
- Scaling from Clinician to CEO
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include residential/practice equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a free report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: