Bonnie Hixson is an influential thought leader because she’s gone through the struggle and she knows what it takes to run a successful dental practice. Bonnie keeps busy aggregating many other thought leaders to address the issues that dentists and entrepreneurs in general face on a daily basis. She is the publisher of Progressive Dentist Magazine and facilitator of the exclusive Pro Dental Network which helps dentists define their purpose, differentiate their practices, improve practice profitability, and live a life they love.
With managed care reducing fees and corporate competition growing, many dentists are second guessing their career choice of opening a solo practice. Bonnie speaks to those threats and the opportunities that exist for those dentists who choose to face the challenges head on.
There are people in dentistry today because they love the service they can offer to clients. However, dentists must leverage opportunities to set themselves apart in the profession in order to thrive. We discuss how dentists can boost their business acumen, tap into supportive networks, and build profitable practices. Many dentists may feel isolated in their practices. We have great advice to energize your practice, help you take on the challenges of corporate dentistry, and reframe your practice into one you love to work in daily.
- 2:30 – A look at threats that exist in the marketplace that solo-preneurs face.
- 5:10 – How you can adopt a mindset to handle with the changes on the horizon in the dental industry.
- 6:10 – What an enterprising dentist can do to stay ahead of the changes facing this industry.
- 10:15 – Navigating the human aspects involved in running a dental practice.
- 11:27 – What the Monday Morning Syndrome is.
- 17:50 – Clarifying your vision to build a team that will help you grow.
- 20:00 – Dealing with the Walmart-effect in dentistry.
- 27:55 – Suggestions for dentists who are facing burnout.
- 30:17 – One of the better changes that Bonnie is seeing in the dental industry.
- 31:00 – Overview of the Get Off The Treadmill Summit.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Bonnie: Website | Email
- Making Money is Killing Your Business by Chuck Blakeman
- Why Employees are Always a Bad Idea by Chuck Blakeman
- Why You Keep Solving the Same Problems That Never Go Away
- Get Off The Treadmill Summit
Get the Full Episode Transcript: