For the next two weeks, we are taking a break from the regular format. The interviewer has become the interviewee. This is the first of a two-part series in which Cory Boatright, a self-made millionaire with vast experience investing in real estate, interviews me, Dr. David Phelps.
Cory and I discuss my path from dentistry to freedom after a life changing experience helped me refocus my priorities. That breaking point caused me to seek additional income streams that weren’t tied to operating a dental practice full-time. While it was an extremely challenging time in my family’s life, the result has turned into the best decision I could have made.
We swap stories about how the real estate bug first bit both of us. I share a surprising lesson learned from my first mistakes in real estate and the creative solution I stumbled upon to overcome an unexpected challenge. I’ll even let you in on my strategy of managing a highly profitable real estate portfolio without sacrificing your precious time.
There is no perfect time to work on building wealth beyond your dentistry practice. Why not start now? In this episode, we explore the various ways to make real estate work for you.
- 8:50 – The breaking point experience that changed my perspective on priorities.
- 15:40 – The biggest mistake I made when getting started with investing in real estate.
- 19:20 – How a mastermind community can help new investors sidestep pitfalls.
- 20:47 – The profit masters investment strategies that have made Cory extremely successful.
- 25:00 – Why finding a mentor is essential for entrepreneurs.
Featured on the Show:
Get the Full Episode Transcript: