Evan is back on the podcast with two excellent case studies covering practice how-tos — what to and not to do in order to build a thriving business.
In this episode, we focus on the first case study – what not to do – by focusing on a newly purchased practice that changed business models and suffered because the dentist is trying to be all things to all people.
Practices thrive when dentists drill down and get clear on the type of clients they can best serve.
Dentists who incorporate their passions into their practice make lasting connections with patients. Patients then reward doctors with positive reviews and referrals that help grow a practice and avoid the new to depend on insurance based marketing.
Listen in to learn from the example of one doctor with a practice on the verge of imploding.
Listen And Learn:
- Why an HMO component dramatically changes a practice’s business model.
- The power of social media reviews.
- Why the light switch approach to bringing new patients in the door can backfire.
- How a timeshare style sales process for sales turns customers off.
- Why catering to a mix of patients with HMO and PPO/cash can lead to turmoil.
Featured on the Show:
Get the Full Episode Transcript: