Things change in life, and much of the time things don’t go how we planned. Obstacles come up, challenges appear, and sometimes we simply wonder if we’re meant to do what we’re doing right now. Today I’m joined by two friends of mine, Dr. Michelle Mudge Riley and Dr. Laura Brenner Studholme, to talk about how they have changed up their career paths in different ways and found really cool collaborations and solutions along the way.
Listen in as Michelle and Laura share their stories, from where they started in the medical field and dentistry to how and why they decided to shift focus and pursue something different. You will get some valuable insight into the thought process of discovering how, when, and if you need to make a transition.
- 5:01 – What to do when you start feeling like what you’ve been training for isn’t for you.
- 7:22 – The barriers to shifting directions and the worst mistake to make.
- 11:17 – Facing burnout and deciding what to do next.
- 16:01 – Looking back on Michelle’s and Laura’s career change decisions and weighing the benefits.
- 21:36 – Common areas where dentists need help in transitioning and how you can find the breakthrough moment where you know what to do.
- 31:12 – The importance of a supportive community and where you can get involved in one.
- 38:34 – What you will learn at the upcoming event.
Featured on the Show:
- Dr. Laura Brenner Studholme: LinkedIn | Website
- Dr. Michelle Mudge-Riley: LinkedIn
- Physicians Helping Physicians
- Scout A Career
- Lolabees Career Coaching
- Schedule & Registration NEXT Dentist Conference 2020 (Coupon code for Freedom Founders members: FFPODCAST2020 for $50 off the registration price)
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with Me:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least $1M in available capital, then click the link to schedule a quick call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to schedule a call with me directly. www.freedomfounders.com/
2. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Go to www.FreedomFounders.com/
3. Ready to Step Away?
“How Much is Enough?” This simple question keeps hard-working professionals at the hamster wheel of active income far longer than they need to be. Watch this free training, and discover a proven model for determining how much you really need before hanging up the handpiece! www.freedomfounders.com/
4. Apply To Visit The Mastermind:
If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (3-5 years or less), visit www.freedomfounders.com/step-1 to apply for a guest seat.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: