Steven Mautner manages a high-volume practice by paying attention to what patients actually want and serving them with efficiency and care. Today he joins the show to share his unique model and tips on how to run a practice with maximum effectiveness and profit.
Listen in as Steven explains how he built a great practice culture, from how he trains and builds his team to the way he handles issues in the practice throughout the day. You’ll learn the importance of picking your battles with insurance, where it’s important to have the right mindset, and more.
- 2:58 – How Steven accidentally bought his first practice.
- 4:18 – His philosophy for his practice model and the reasoning behind it.
- 8:28 – The pressure put on dentists and his response to that.
- 9:49 – Why it’s so important to find out what patients actually want.
- 15:48 – Who Steven hires and why he looks for people with no experience.
- 17:40 – How he manages his practice and deals with daily issues.
- 21:03 – How having an associate (or not having one) affected his practice.
- 26:49 – The importance of picking battles and have the right mindset.
- 33:08 – How his upcoming book is going.
Featured on the Show:
- Steven Mautner: Website | Facebook
- No Nonsense Dentistry for Dental Peeps by Steven Mautner & Emily Letran
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- For a free book and more, text “Phelps” to 208-269-9111
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Go to www.FreedomFounders.com/Scorecard to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
2. Attend A Workshop:
If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, our hands-on Freedom Blueprint Workshops are your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/workshop to claim your seat!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind:
If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit www.freedomfounders.com/step-1 to apply for a seat.
4. Want to Work Directly with Me?
If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call (972) 203-6960 Ext 144 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access program – we’ll set up a time with you to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.