Jerry Jones is back to continue the conversation from the last episode. This time we are focusing on what’s next for your practice and your life. If you are letting yourself be defined by your career, your fears, or other people, Jerry will explain how to control your own reality and build a future that is fulfilling and meaningful.
Listen in as Jerry and I discuss the problems with sunk costs and getting stuck without a clear plan for what’s next. You’ll get insight on how to change your mindset to look a little further forward and create space to consider where you are in life and what your true vision is. These decisions are often forced on us when health fails and life is slowing down, but don’t wait—start doing it now.
- 1:51 – Who Jerry is and his role in dentistry and marketing.
- 6:20 – What happens when society dictates who you are.
- 8:07 – The idea you bought into.
- 11:49 – The sunk cost fallacy and how to find and create your vision.
- 15:30 – How to determine what’s next.
- 24:45 – Why college isn’t for everyone.
- 29:34 – How to create space in your life intentionally.
Featured on the Show:
- Jerry Jones: Website | Podcast
- Ep #240: Jerry Jones Podcast – I’m Ready to Sell My Practice…Or Am I?
- The Profitable Dentist
- For a free book and more, text “Phelps” to 208-269-9111
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Go to www.FreedomFounders.com/Scorecard to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
2. Attend A Workshop:
If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, our hands-on Freedom Blueprint Workshops are your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/workshop to claim your seat!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind:
If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit www.freedomfounders.com/step-1 to apply for a seat.
4. Want to Work Directly with Me?
If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call (972) 203-6960 Ext 144 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access program – we’ll set up a time with you to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.