Self-directing your IRA and investing it properly has huge benefits but it can be a bit intimidating or confusing when starting out. Many investment sources are not prepared to help you but there are many ways you can learn more about self-directed investing. Quincy Long of Quest IRA joins us on the show to explain and help simplify the concept and strategy behind this type of investing.
Quincy shares why using your IRA to invest in real estate and other less conventional things can be very beneficial if done the right way. He shares a lot of his strategy and concepts that make this work and gives us insight into the most important tool you need to use in order to make this method work for you. He also talks about how to make the most of your networking and where you can get connected with people and learn faster and more efficiently.
- 3:05 – How you can invest more widely and diversely using your IRA.
- 5:30 – Who is eligible for an IRA account.
- 7:35 – The benefits of having a retirement account.
- 10:00 – What self-dealing is and why you need financial friends.
- 11:40 – The biggest barrier to moving into self-directed investing.
- 14:00 – The importance of taking responsibility and taking action.
- 15:45 – The number one tool to finding success in investing and how Quest helps people with that.
- 21:03 – The best way to engage at an event and learn more, faster about self-directing.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Quincy: Website | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | Pinterest | Blog
- Quest Expo Event
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think):
1. Grab the first 3 chapters of my latest book: “From High Income To High Net Worth – For Dentists.” The Ultimate guide for anyone who desires to build cash flow and net worth through real estate investment without ever meeting a tenant or fixing a toilet. Visit www.freedomfounders.com/free-book-chapters and start reading.
2. Become An Insider: If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, Freedom Insider is your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/insider and click the big orange “Become An Insider” button!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind: If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit this link to apply for a seat. www.freedomfounders.com/step-1
4. Want to Move to the Front of the Line? Fast Access Insider Group: If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call 888-548-5855 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access Insider Group – we’ll set up a time to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.