There’s change coming to the real estate investing world, so it’s more important than ever to understand the new stakes, the new risks, and the new strategies to help you succeed. We’re back with part two of my conversation with Eddie Speed, owner of Colonial Funding Group and founder of NoteSchool. (Be sure to check out part one if you haven’t yet.) Today we dive into the loan origination saga and how underwriting and investment deal flow has changed.
Listen in as Eddie and I discuss the key differences between investing with a promoter versus investing with the operator. We also talk about the opportunities that lie ahead in the current markets and why WHO you know is often even more important than WHAT you know. From creating true working connections to reperforming notes, Eddie shares a lot of valuable information you don’t want to miss.
- 1:15 – The difficulty with closing deals and what it leads up to.
- 4:45 – How to look at deals and ensure the sponsor has underwritten it well.
- 7:12 – The biggest risk in commercial real estate.
- 11:13 – What’s coming for the industry and what you should do about it.
- 13:11 – The opportunities and strategies that will make you a more prudent and successful investor.
- 21:01 – Understanding the current trend—and where it’s headed.
Featured on the Show:
- Eddie Speed: LinkedIn | Colonial Funding Group
- NoteSchool: Facebook | Website
- Freedom Founders Discovery Call
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include residential/practice equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a free report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: