Eddie Speed and I go way back, and I’m excited to have him on the show today to talk about the current state of funding in the real estate market and how to buy and sell notes. Eddie is the founder of NoteSchool and Colonial Funding Group, and he knows how to architect a deal like the back of his hand. In this episode, he shares from his experience purchasing notes and gives us insight into his innovative methods that got him inducted into the Small Balance Real Estate Hall of Fame.
Listen in to hear how Eddie teaches others to buy and sell notes, as well as use other strategic methods like seller financing. We also discuss how financing changes over time as different market conditions appear and how important it is to know more than just the conventional types of financing available. If you are wanting to expand and grow your portfolio and learn more about non-conventional financing while navigating the turbulent marketplace, this episode is for you.
- 1:32 – Eddie’s experience in buying and selling real estate notes.
- 3:10 – What real estate notes are and the opportunity they present to investors.
- 6:06 – The transition from bank financing to less conventional financing.
- 9:13 – The forecast for market rates and what you can do to navigate the changes.
- 12:18 – How sentiment affects the mortgage market.
- 14:28 – The insight that comes from living through multiple cycles and what to be cautious of.
- 21:58 – How to buy on creative terms and navigate interest rates.
- 24:32 – The different market changes and how things change along with them.
- 28:37 – The value of resiliency and understanding how to be flexible.
Featured on the Show:
- Eddie Speed: Website | LinkedIn
- Note School
- What You Need To Know To Protect & Grow Your Assets As A Mortgage Note Investor by Eddie Speed
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include residential/practice equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a free report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: