Brannon Moncrief brings so much relevance to our space in dentistry, particularly as it relates to the movement of practice transitions in today’s economy. He’s back with me for another episode to talk about the state of the private equity and DSO world and what we can expect when it comes to investing and transitioning in the dental space. If you are considering a practice transition, this conversation will be a valuable way to better understand your options, especially when it comes to DSOs.
You will hear about how Brannon and his team help practices navigate transition and how their recommendations have changed to deal with the unique challenges of today. He also sheds light on the changes in DSOs and what they have done to improve the situation for doctors and practice owners. Don’t miss Brannon’s key insights that will help you make the best decision for your practice exit.
- 1:14 – Who Brannon is and how he got into the arena of practice transition.
- 3:03 – How private equity, DSOs, and practice sales have changed in the last few years.
- 7:26 – Why some practice owners may be attracted to the DSO model.
- 8:40 – How DSOs are changing to improve the situation of doctors and practice owners.
- 10:35 – The equity component that can be expected for most doctors.
- 13:29 – The issues going on in the industry, what to be aware of, and why these issues are popping up more than ever.
- 19:40 – How deep to go when vetting prospects.
- 25:50 – How to know if it’s a great offer.
- 28:38 – A new era and how to be prepared for it.
Featured on the Show:
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include residential/practice equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a free report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: