Many dentists are selling based on the frenzy in the marketplace or FOMO, but are they looking at all the important indicators when choosing to sell? Back again on the show is my good friend and mentor, Alastair Macdonald, who I bring on from time to time to address current topics in the investing, economic, or dentistry environment. In this episode, we discuss the current DSO scene and where we see private equity in dentistry going.
Listen in as Alastair shares his opinion on the DSO situations that many dentists find their way into and why he thinks this has more to do with an investment decision rather than dentistry. You’ll hear about the crucial distinction between sales and buy-outs, as well as the bad equity deals that are cropping up. And be sure to tune in next week for part two of this eye-opening discussion.
- 1:45 – The fallacies involved in the current economic situation.
- 4:24 – Investment decisions and the importance of having experience or insight on past cycles.
- 7:13 – The problem that comes hand-in-hand with many DSOs.
- 10:45 – How the can is being kicked down the road in the DSO space and how interest is affecting current trends.
- 12:37 – Why the data of the last 5 years in dentistry is not as helpful as many think.
- 15:12 – The difference between professional investors and professional speculators.
- 16:50 – Why you need to be aware of where the money is coming from and where it’s going.
Featured on the Show:
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include residential/practice equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a free report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: