Back again today is Alastair Macdonald to finish the conversation we started last week about the movement of private equity money into the dental arena. Where did all of it come from? Where is it likely to go? In this episode, you will hear more about the caveats and dangers involved in practice transitions and particularly with DSOs.
Listen in as we discuss the issues historically involved and the potentially new issues coming into play in the current economy. You’ll learn how to make the right move to sell your practice and how to know when the right time might be to do so. (And in case you missed it, be sure to listen in to part one of this conversation!)
- 1:29 – How and why private equity found its way into dentistry.
- 10:38 – How to know when to get out and where to go.
- 13:02 – An important lesson to learn from hospitals.
- 14:03 – Where entitlement enters the situation.
- 17:34 – The different kinds of risks involved in many deals and how to not get blindsided.
- 22:17 – The pitfalls of being the minority partner in a partnership.
- 25:19 – The commonalities between DSO claims and a ponzi scheme.
Featured on the Show:
- Alastair Macdonald: TEDx | DSN | Facebook
- The Hidden Dangers of the DSO Zeitgeist – Alastair Macdonald: Ep #439 (Part 1)
- Freedom Founders Discovery Call
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include residential/practice equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a free report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: