I got started in real estate in the early 80s, and now, about 43 years later, a lot has happened. In this episode, I’m going to dip into my experience and the insight that I’ve gained throughout my career to help give you a better understanding of market cycles and how to invest in tangible assets. If you are looking for ways to prepare for the future and use what you have now to invest in and improve your life and the life of your family, this episode is for you.
Listen in as I dive into debt and its effect on us and our future, as well as how to invest in real estate the right way and set up a Plan B that allows you to pull back when needed so that life doesn’t pass you by. I will also be emphasizing the important fact that we don’t have forever, and we have to set up our lives, businesses, and finances in an intentional way that reflects our core values.
- 2:44 – The last few market cycles and what we are looking at in this cycle.
- 3:56 – How I initially escaped the chair and the importance of having a Plan B.
- 5:44 – Why I decided on the investments that I chose.
- 7:00 – How most people view their career path and why that is out of whack.
- 8:24 – What your assets are based on and how I figured out financing property at the start.
- 12:46 – Understanding the waves of the market.
- 14:11 – Understanding the capital stack and how most people invest in it.
- 19:15 – The importance of being your own financial advocate.
Featured on the Show:
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include residential/practice equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a free report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: