Vanessa Horn is a long-time friend, colleague, and mentor who helps a lot of people with their businesses. She joins the show today to share her unique insight on a key element of sales: finding out what you do well. This episode is full of mindset shifts and important ideas for homing in on what works best for you, your business, and your goals.
Listen in to hear how Vanessa found her way into sales and the process that she took with her own businesses. She discusses some of the key areas that entrepreneurs struggle with and the sticking points that tend to hurt sales. You’ll also get powerful advice and tips on how you can start narrowing down areas of your business so that you are in your zone of excellence.
- 1:12 – Vanessa’s background and how she found her way into sales.
- 4:46 – The initial reaction to sales and why it doesn’t have to be like that.
- 6:38 – Understanding the role of resentment, unrest, and decision.
- 12:24 – How to deal with leaving something “good” and the resistance that happens.
- 15:12 – The importance of mentors and what it means to “follow the breadcrumbs.”
- 21:40 – Tips on making decisions and prioritizing—and where gratitude fits in.
- 27:43 – How to honor where you’re at and get out of victim mode.
Featured on the Show:
- Vanessa Horn: Website | LinkedIn | Facebook
- The Classy Close
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include residential/practice equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a free report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: