You’ve probably heard a lot about diversification when it comes to investing, but there’s more to the story when it comes to making your money work best for your goals. In this episode, we’ll continue with the second part of my discussion with Tom Wheelwright, the CPA to Mr. Robert Kiyosaki. He has some incredible insight, tips, and ideas that help you ensure that you find the right fit when it comes to investing and tax planning.
We’ll be tackling whether or not you should diversify your investments—or if you should specialize as Warren Buffet does. You will also hear us discuss financial advocacy, how to best build a strong team around you that will take care of the areas you don’t have time to be an expert in, and what to do about the 87,000 new IRS auditors that are being unleashed as a result of the Inflation Reduction Act.
- 1:39 – Diversification or specialization?
- 3:15 – Where to start when seeking to better understand tax benefits.
- 6:05 – The benefit of working with your own money and how to perfect your investment strategy.
- 8:59 – Why investing is a team sport and how to work with advisors.
- 12:16 – What we can expect from the new IRS auditors and how you need to step up your game.
- 16:08 – How to deal with money exchanges of $600+ on money transfer platforms.
Featured on the Show:
- Tom Wheelwright: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram
- David Phelps: Website
- The Win-Win Wealth Strategy: 7 Investments the Government Will Pay You to Make by Tom Wheelwright
- Tax-Free Wealth: How To Build Massive Wealth By Permanently Reducing Your Taxes by Tom Wheelwright
- Wealth Ability Show
- Wealth Ability For CPAs Show
- Robert Kiyosaki
- Freedom Founders Discovery Call
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include residential/practice equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a free report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: