Today Dr. Mart McClellan of Macro Wealth Management is back on the podcast! He brings a unique perspective as not only a financial advisor, but also a practicing orthodontist. In this episode, he shares his own financial journey as an orthodontist and why he decided to go in a less traditional direction.
Listen in to hear about how his company is the only advisory firm with a health professional on board, as well as how they use an evidence-based planning system. You’ll learn about the holistic model that Mart discovered and has been trying to spread throughout the health professions, as it isn’t taught in medical school. Mart also shares incredible insight on how to push back on traditional methods, question the norms, deal with failure, and build velocity with your finances.
- 1:00 – Who Mart is and what his background is in ortho and finance.
- 5:26 – The problem with how traditional financial planning works and how he decided to be less traditional.
- 7:20 – The importance of questioning things and finding proof.
- 9:28 – How to gain velocity with your finances.
- 15:33 – Mart’s thoughts and observations on the current marketplace.
- 20:44 – What the financial “junk drawer” is and why it’s important to coordinate your finances.
- 22:26 – The sequence of returns and what it means for your retirement.
- 24:34 – What the “stealth tax” is and how we’re all paying it.
- 26:35 – Mart’s philosophy on debt.
Featured on the Show:
- Mart McClellan: Website | LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Your Retirement Smile by Mart McClellan and Tim Streid
- Freedom Founders Discovery Call
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include residential/practice equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a free report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: