A familiar face joins the show today! With plenty of experience in building, growing, and selling businesses, Mark Costes is a thought leader and influencer in the marketplace. In this episode, we talk about the program he created for dental assisting and how he views and uses mistakes to shape his many successes in life and business.
Listen in to learn how he held onto his entrepreneurial spirit and grew his business mindset even in the midst of dental school. You will also hear about the “belt system” that comes into play when he is advising doctors on what kind of ratio to hit when it comes to business development and the development of clinical skills. And don’t miss where Mark sheds light on the opportunities and drawbacks that come with multi-practice ownership.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | More
- 1:51 – Mark’s experience owning and growing practices and businesses.
- 4:19 – What drove him to create something different and bigger.
- 9:32 – How he learned entrepreneurship and the basics of business (and how he held onto those lessons through dental school).
- 13:42 – The best ratio between clinical development and business development.
- 17:20 – What Mark recommends when it comes to multi-practice ownership.
- 20:57 – How he consults and coaches younger dentists who are dealing with a difficult level of debt and a rough market.
- 23:50 – Things that helped him change his trajectory toward dental school and business ownership.
- 26:00 – The upcoming Dental Success Summit.
- 27:47 – What it’s like being out of the dentist’s office.
Featured on the Show:
- Mark Costes: Website | Podcast | YouTube
- Pillars of Dental Success by Dr. Mark Costes
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- The E-Myth by Michael Gerber
- Dental Success Summit
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include residential/practice equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a free report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: