Today we’re talking sales and marketing with John Martinez, a Collective Genius member and advisor to some of the biggest real estate investors in the country. John is the founder of the Peak Performance Sales System and Midwest Revenue Group. He’s made his name with direct, collaborative, easy-to-follow sales systems and making sales approachable for anyone.
John’s sales tactics can be applied by anybody that has to sell products or services to customers who may not always be receptive. Instead of making the seller or the customer feel trapped and uncomfortable, John’s selling techniques focus on advising buyers – whether they be consumers, patients, or otherwise – on their best options. The process is about two-way communication, rather than constant pitching.
We talk about how John became an expert in sales despite not fitting the “typical” salesperson personality expectations. John also discusses the interconnected nature of sales and marketing, and why it’s so important to make sure your marketing tactics and sales process complement each other. We also touch on the relevance of sales for professionals in private practices and how they can apply John’s hard-won advice.
Don’t miss hearing from one of the most effective and personable salesmen in the real estate space!
- 2:15 – John’s background, sales training, and motto.
- 3:15 – The field John began in and how he made the jump to sales.
- 4:20 – Why traditional “sales” makes people uncomfortable.
- 6:07 – Examples of professionals making great marketing and sales decisions with their patients.
- 8:28 – The second most important piece of the sales process for doctors and clients alike.
- 12:25 – The disconnect between marketing and sales that too many businesses allow.
- 19:03 – How to retain new clients, which are the most expensive to attract.
- 22:30 – Whether or not there’s any truth to the idea that only some people are naturally born to sell.
- 25:06 – What the sales process and training look like for a small business or private practice.
Featured on the Show:
Get the Full Episode Transcript: