Today we’re joined by a friend and tax attorney Darrin Mish, who makes his living by helping folks figure out how to deal with IRS problems when they arise.
When Darrin opened his own practice, he quickly became established as a go-to guy for tax problems — in part because he had had them himself. Now, he uses the IRS’s rules and practices to help his clients negotiate more manageable settlements than they might not get on their own.
Darrin shares his own tax troubles and how he got into practicing tax law. He also notes that most clients who get in over their heads with taxes are good people who simply didn’t have a good plan for managing cashflow and tax expenses. Finally, Darrin talks about what you can do today to help prevent these problems down the line, and what you should do if you already have them.
Click “play” below to listen in…
- 2:55 – How Darrin helps clients by using the IRS’s rules to their advantage.
- 5:10 – The culture of the IRS today, and whether they discriminate based on political affiliation.
- 7:00 – Whether Darrin helps people before they have tax problems, or if he comes in after they’ve already begun.
- 8:37 – The types of clients Darrin represents, and who he can help.
- 10:15 – The difference between a CPA and a tax attorney, and how they can help you with different aspects of business.
- 12:15 – How Darrin’s practice can benefit our listeners right now, and when it’s best to deal with tax problems.
- 15:00 – Whether the stigma that highly valued professionals like doctors and lawyers can pay taxes more easily holds true.
- 17:20 – How Darrin advises clients to handle longwinded negotiations.
- 21:45 – Whether all of your assets will be on the table when involved in a collection case.
- 24:20 – Where declaring bankruptcy falls on your list of options for tax cases.
- 26:00 – What to do if your tax records are not up to par – you can call them at 888-438-6474 (GET MISH).
- 27:10 – How the IRS motivates their revenue officers to close cases, and why you need a representative to negotiate with them successfully.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Darrin: Get IRS Help | 888-438-6474 | Twitter
- The IRS Solution Attorney Podcast on iTunes
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
Get the Full Episode Transcript: