We’re very excited to welcome Rob Shellanberger of Becoming Your Best to the podcast today! Rob and his firm are passionate about helping people and organizations become the best versions of themselves through concrete action. They’ve worked with top clients around the globe, from the Dallas Cowboys to Presidents of other nations.
In Becoming Your Best: The 12 Principles of Highly Successful Leaders, Shellanberger explores the habits that make successful people stand out among the crowd. These tips can be especially useful for our listeners as we look for ways to flourish in an increasingly squeezed, competitive market.
Rob talks about some of the findings from the book, including the characteristics of great leaders and how they relate to their employees. He emphasizes the importance of having a vision that gets you out of bed each morning, and how you can get better every day in all of your roles through small yet impactful actions.
- Request Becoming Your Best’s Strategic Rhythm Flow Sheet by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and mentioning this podcast!
- 7:10 – Why the NFL’s Dallas Cowboys – one of Rob’s clients – are a great example of what Becoming Your Best does to help organizations transform.
- 12:45 – How you can strategize to improve yourself and your team through excellent leadership.
- 14:50 – The mistakes most people make when setting goals, and how to set goals that stick.
- 19:05 – How to counteract low employee engagement in the workplace.
- 20:05 – The importance of having a stellar team and bringing out the best in your colleagues.
- 25:40 – The shared habits of the world’s most successful people.
- 32:38 – Details on Rob’s upcoming seminar in Texas on November 2!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Rob: Becoming Your Best | Email
- Becoming Your Best: The 12 Principles of Highly Successful Leaders by Steve Shallenberger
- Enroll for Rob’s Upcoming Public Workshop in Dallas on November 2
- Elon Musk
- Warren Buffett
- Oprah Winfrey
- Mark Zuckerberg
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- The Breakthrough Leadership Conference
Get the Full Episode Transcript: