Today we’re going to talk about the business ownership position—a.k.a. the CEO position. Many of us aspire to be there, and many are there, either out of default because someone had to fill that position or because we were the ones who decided to build the business. Trey Taylor has been through each of those situations, and he joins me on the podcast to share his wisdom when it comes to being an effective CEO.
Trey, CEO and business coach, has had a profound effect on the success of his business. Listen in as he shares his initial career journey and how he got shoved into the role of CEO with no experience in the company’s field. You will learn how important company culture is, how to define appropriate roles, and what really made a difference when it comes to taking charge (of the right things).
- 3:34 – Who Trey is and how he got to where he is today.
- 10:50 – The difference between a CEO and any other role in a company.
- 12:50 – The three things that a CEO does.
- 14:43 – Common errors CEOs make and where they come from.
- 17:25 – How to find out what people are good at and create an effective team.
- 22:20 – What company sizes benefit from middle management.
- 25:05 – What a CEO cannot delegate and the role that needs to be filled.
- 29:35 – The benefit of a culture that is articulated intentionally.
- 31:46 – How to attract great people in the current climate.
Featured on the Show:
- Trey Taylor: LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook
- A CEO Only Does Three Things by Trey Taylor
- A General Theory of Bureaucracy by Elliott Jaques
- The Art of The Deal by Donald J. Trump
- What’s Your Next? by David Phelps
Want to join David for the 30-Day Blueprint Course?
Go to: www.FreedomFounders.com/BlueprintCourse to learn more about how you can discover the Blueprint that has helped hundreds of practitioners create more Freedom for themselves and their families.
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with Me:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least $1M in available capital, then click the link to schedule a quick call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to schedule a call with me directly. www.freedomfounders.com/
2. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Go to www.FreedomFounders.com/
3. Ready to Step Away?
“How Much is Enough?” This simple question keeps hard-working professionals at the hamster wheel of active income far longer than they need to be. Watch this free training, and discover a proven model for determining how much you really need before hanging up the handpiece! www.freedomfounders.com/
4. Apply To Visit The Mastermind:
If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (3-5 years or less), visit www.freedomfounders.com/step-1 to apply for a guest seat.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: