One of the best risk-takers in the marketplace today is Jeff Bezos of Amazon. In this episode, author Steve Anderson joins the show to give us a closer look at the risks, failures and wins taken by the famous Amazon founder. By understanding the principles and deciding factors behind Amazon’s success, Steve points out important ways that we as business owners can successfully implement that in our own practices.
Steve talks about how he initially got interested in technology and risk in the business marketplace. He has incredible insight on what it means to play it TOO safe and why it’s so important for businesses to jump into certain risks. You will learn a lot from what Steve has studied about Bezos – from the experimentation to the concept of successful failure.
- 1:32 – The Bezos Letters and what it’s all about.
- 2:30 – Who Steve Anderson is and how he found an interest in Amazon and business risk.
- 4:55 – How we can learn from Amazon’s quick growth.
- 6:32 – What it means to be a master of risk.
- 9:15 – The two major types of decisions and how they should be made.
- 11:30 – What the “Acting like it’s day one” mindset is all about.
- 13:45 – Why customer obsession is key.
- 18:00 – Proxies according to Bezos.
- 22:55 – Why what’s best for the customer is key.
- 26:35 – The importance of being able to change your mind.
Featured on the Show:
- Steve Anderson: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LinkedIn
- The Bezos Letters by Steve Anderson
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Go to www.FreedomFounders.com/Scorecard to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
2. Attend A Workshop:
If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, our hands-on Freedom Blueprint Workshops are your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/workshop to claim your seat!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind:
If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (3-5 years or less), visit www.freedomfounders.com/step-1 to apply for a seat.
4. Want to Work Directly with Me?
If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call (972) 203-6960 Ext 144 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access program – we’ll set up a time with you to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: