Life events often change our plans, and the way we are able to pivot and transition into something new can make all the difference. Ron Walraven joins the show today to discuss his own transition from mechanic work to real estate. He shares how he ended up in the latter industry and the unique perspective that caused him to find massive success.
Listen in to hear about the specific niche that Ron found in the real estate world, as well as why he has stuck with it. You’ll learn what it was like transitioning from one industry to another, how things have changed in real estate, and Ron’s predictions for the next cycle.
- 2:30 – Why Ron moved from being an auto mechanic to working in real estate.
- 6:07 – How he found a niche in real estate and why it really resonated with him.
- 11:15 – The issues around 2008 and changes in Michigan laws.
- 18:50 – Looking ahead to the next shifts in the cycle.
- 23:19 – How Ron views investments.
- 27:00 – The importance of establishing the right relationships.
- 32:37 – Why perseverance matters so much.
Featured on the Show:
- Ron Walraven: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook
- The Collective Genius
- For a free book and more, text “Phelps” to 208-269-9111
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Go to www.FreedomFounders.com/Scorecard to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
2. Attend A Workshop:
If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, our hands-on Freedom Blueprint Workshops are your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/workshop to claim your seat!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind:
If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (3-5 years or less), visit www.freedomfounders.com/step-1 to apply for a seat.
4. Want to Work Directly with Me?
If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call (972) 203-6960 Ext 144 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access program – we’ll set up a time with you to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.