The decisions you make put you where you need to be in your career—or they keep you from it. Today Alan Stern joins me on the show as a self-anointed late bloomer who has figured out the key to getting past perfectionism to create a better, richer, and stronger life and practice. He discusses the business decisions that got in the way of his success and how he was able to reach a better place.
From a perceived loss of status to a major jump in cash flow and business, Alan was able to realize the importance of community, self-reflection, and perspective. Listen in as he shares how dental school unintentionally sets us back, why we shouldn’t let money be a limiting factor, and valuable tips on how to get your clients and your team on the right track.
- 2:43 – How Alan turned his practice and his life around.
- 6:58 – Why Monday morning doesn’t have to suck.
- 9:10 – What makes us diminish ourselves and hide things—and how that can change.
- 11:22 – Why some of us are late bloomers and how to embrace that.
- 13:25 – The dental school mindset that sets many dentists back.
- 17:02 – How Alan was able to eliminate money as a limiting variable in his life.
- 19:53 – What he learned about hiring poorly and having to let people go.
- 23:26 – How “Better, Richer, Stronger” works into his life and practice.
Featured on the Show:
- Alan Stern: Website | Twitter | YouTube | Blog
- Late Bloomers by Rich Karlgaard
- For a free book and more, text “Phelps” to 208-269-9111
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Go to www.FreedomFounders.com/Scorecard to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
2. Attend A Workshop:
If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, our hands-on Freedom Blueprint Workshops are your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/workshop to claim your seat!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind:
If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit www.freedomfounders.com/step-1 to apply for a seat.
4. Want to Work Directly with Me?
If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call (972) 203-6960 Ext 144 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access program – we’ll set up a time with you to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.