After her family was forcefully split up, reunited, and successfully immigrated to the United States, Janice Doan first set foot in the U.S. at 10 years old with no English skills. Today she joins the show to share her experience and her family’s influence on who she is now, including how she found her way into dentistry.
Listen in as Janice opens up about the impact having her teeth fixed had on her life and how it shaped what she wanted to do professionally. You’ll hear how much her life was changed when her smile was changed, how she has gone on to co-write a book with her sister, and the importance of having a heart for dentistry and truly caring about your patients.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | More
- 2:17 – The story of how Janice’s family immigrated to the U.S. from Vietnam.
- 6:43 – How an at-home tooth extraction with her grandfather got her interested in dentistry.
- 8:45 – How having bad teeth affected her confidence and personality.
- 11:35 – What made up her mind to go into dentistry.
- 15:06 – The importance of education and having a heart for what you do.
- 16:58 – How Janice gives back and why it’s so important to her.
- 19:08 – How she grew in business and got involved with Grant Cardone.
- 20:41 – The importance of applying what you learn.
- 22:58 – How Janice plans to pass the torch and teach her son what she has learned.
- 26:14 – How she has learned to manage her time better.
Featured on the Show:
- Janice Doan: Website | LinkedIn | Instagram
- Keys to a Healthy Smile After 40 by Janice Doan and Justene Doan
- Give Kids a Smile
- Care Harbor LA
- Grant Cardone
- Text Opt in for a free book and more: Text “Phelps” to 208-269-9111
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Go to www.FreedomFounders.com/Scorecard to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
2. Attend A Workshop:
If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, our hands-on Freedom Blueprint Workshops are your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/workshop to claim your seat!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind:
If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit www.freedomfounders.com/step-1 to apply for a seat.
4. Want to Work Directly with Me?
If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call (972) 203-6960 Ext 144 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access program – we’ll set up a time with you to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.