When it comes to changes and evolution in dentistry, Lisa Mergens has a finger on the pulse of the industry. She joins us on the show to share how she helps dentists keep up with the times, as well as her method of learning from bigger corporations and using those lessons to help dental practice owners succeed.
Listen in to hear examples of strong leadership and the proper ways to handle and engage your employees. You’ll learn the value of keeping a strong team culture, tips for handling employee disengagement, and how not to give in to powerlessness.
- 2:21 – The evolution going on in dentistry and the importance of evolving with the times.
- 4:17 – Lisa’s story and what moved her to see that there’s a better way to do things.
- 7:45 – The difference between workplace culture and team culture.
- 8:10 – Where many dentists struggle.
- 8:31 – How Lisa takes insight from large corporations to help dental practices.
- 10:08 – The importance of being willing to learn.
- 10:43 – How Lisa teaches dentists to handle employee disengagement.
- 19:34 – A key thing she teaches people about letting employees go.
- 24:28 – The importance of valuing and measuring the people within the business.
- 27:21 – Issues with differences in engagement between generations.
Featured on the Show:
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Go to www.FreedomFounders.com/Scorecard to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
2. Attend A Workshop:
If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, our hands-on Freedom Blueprint Workshops are your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/workshop to claim your seat!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind:
If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit www.freedomfounders.com/step-1 to apply for a seat.
4. Want to Work Directly with Me?
If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call (972) 203-6960 Ext 144 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access program – we’ll set up a time with you to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.