Ep #216: Lisa Mergens – Dentistry is Not a Solo Act
Today I am joined by Lisa Mergens, owner of Ascendant Dental Development, LLC. Lisa recounts the compelling story of how she made the decision to stop her successful career as a dental hygienist and start working toward a new career path within the dental profession, all while fighting Rheumatoid Arthritis. You’ll learn how she went into remission and what she did to make the most out of a terrible situation.
Listen in to hear how Lisa teaches her clients the leadership, communication and culture they need to make positive changes within their practices. You’ll discover how Lisa experienced firsthand the necessity for a new model of leadership in dental practices and how she has found her true passion.
- 03:25 – The story of when Lisa was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- 05:15 – How she went into remission.
- 08:05 – How she overcame the emotional and financial stress from giving up her successful career and going back to school.
- 11:05 – How she found her path to becoming a certified coach and communication trainer.
- 15:37 – Lisa’s ideal clients today and how clients discover her.
- 18:40 – How she coaches communication.
- 24:28 – How quickly she can decide if someone is coachable or not.
Featured on the Show:
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Go to www.FreedomFounders.com/Scorecard to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
2. Attend A Workshop:
If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, our hands-on Freedom Blueprint Workshops are your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/workshop to claim your seat!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind:
If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit www.freedomfounders.com/step-1 to apply for a seat.
4. Want to Work Directly with Me?
If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call (972) 203-6960 Ext 144 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access program – we’ll set up a time with you to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.