Many dentists go through school thinking that’s the hardest part—until they get hit by the reality of being a business owner with no business training. Steve Parker joins us on the show to discuss why the entrepreneur mindset needs to be developed intentionally and how to do this in the dentistry world in particular. He shares his experience in entrepreneurship and how he discovered and addressed some important parts of the dentist community.
Steve explains how he took a dental lab business and turned it around in an innovative way, as well as how this relates to the DSO world. Listen in to hear why it’s so important to have the right mindset when it comes to running a business, the importance of embracing change, and the key lessons Steve has learned over the years.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | More
- 2:20 – Introducing Steve and his experience with entrepreneurship.
- 5:17 – How he got into the dental field and discovered his entrepreneur mindset.
- 14:56 – The importance of developing and shifting your mindset.
- 19:26 – Steve’s involvement in the dental lab industry and what he has learned from it.
- 21:21 – Why he believes there’s a future for small practices that are open to change.
- 25:13 – How to encourage a mindset that accepts change and development.
- 29:22 – The forecast for the future of dentistry.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Steve: Website | LinkedIn | Blog | Facebook
- Dr. Woody Oakes
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think):
1. Grab the first 3 chapters of my latest book: “From High Income To High Net Worth – For Dentists.” The Ultimate guide for anyone who desires to build cash flow and net worth through real estate investment without ever meeting a tenant or fixing a toilet. Visit www.freedomfounders.com/free-book-chapters and start reading.
2. Become An Insider: If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, Freedom Insider is your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/insider and click the big orange “Become An Insider” button!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind: If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit this link to apply for a seat. www.freedomfounders.com/step-1
4. Want to Move to the Front of the Line? Fast Access Insider Group: If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call 888-548-5855 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access Insider Group – we’ll set up a time to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.