As entrepreneurs and small business owners, we have a good understanding of how to build a team. We know we need to have employees or contractors on our team. We know that our staff is a crucial component of our business. However, most of us never think about building a team of advisors – specialists, experts in other related business areas, as well as other business owners from outside our own industry. And how can your business and your practice truly grow unless you get the unbiased, outside perspective on your business?
Today, your hosts Dr. David Phelps and Evan Harris address the topic that is rarely discussed within entrepreneurship and among the practice professionals – creating a board of advisors. Listen in to learn everything about putting together a team of advisors from how to get started to who you need on your team, how to compensate them and what questions you may want to ask them. Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to add value and stability to your business and avoid countless pitfalls.
Listen To The Full Interview:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The benefits of getting unbiased, outside perspective on your business.
- Who should be and, most importantly, who should’t be on your team of advisors.
- How many people do you need on your board of advisors.
- Whether you should compensate them.
- Ideas for questions for your board of advisors.
- How to start putting together a team of advisors.
Featured On The Show:
Get the Full Episode Transcript: