It’s incredibly important to see your practice as a business in order to see it thrive. On this episode Dr. Peter Boulden and Dr. Craig Spodak of Bulletproof Dental Practice interview Dr. Phelps and pick his brain about how to build freedom into your practice. He talks about building other important skillsets and building strong alliances with people who can help you get the job done well.
You will also get a behind the scenes look at Dr. Phelps’ life and how he got started in real estate and marketing. He shares some important points on staying in your lane of expertise and interest as well as knowing your definition of freedom. This is the first installment of two because there is so much information and good stuff packed into the conversation. Be sure to check out the second half of the episode next week.
- 1:31 – The background and bio of Dr. David Phelps.
- 3:10 – The importance of focusing on your practice first before other investments.
- 5:00 – The value of being a master marketer.
- 8:50 – The perks of learning other skillsets and not being completely reliant on just one.
- 11:20 – Why you should be careful about what other lanes and interests you get invested in.
- 13:00 – Forming strategic alliances.
- 16:18 – Why you need to focus on thinking of your practice as a business.
- 18:30 – Why real estate is more difficult but provides more opportunity.
- 20:00 – Why Dr. Phelps got out of the stock market.
Featured on the Show:
- Bulletproof Dental: Website | Podcast | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn | YouTube
- Garrett Gunderson
Get the Full Episode Transcript: