On the show with us is the inspiring Alex Lanshe who has a unique perspective on being a protector and being proactive. At the age of just 27, Alex has already written 2 books and has another on the way. He also owns a business that trains diverse groups from women to military groups in self-defense and personal protection. He shares his educational background and his opinion on what gave him his go-getter attitude and leadership mentality.
Alex also goes into depth about the 120 interviews he made for his new book. He elaborates on how he landed high profile interviews and used referrals to get most of his interview connections. He gives us a peek at the various themes in his upcoming book and why he is so passionate about sharing these important concepts.
Most of all, Alex stresses the importance of putting yourself out there to take chances. Being prepared for situations when they come is the key to this and he shares how he prepares and keeps himself in good company and accountable to others.
- 5:21 – Alex sharing the stage with Rudy Ruettiger.
- 8:46 – What school and formal education is doing to peoples’ ability to be a leader and have conviction.
- 11:20 – All about Alex’s new book and how he is redefining “protector”.
- 14:30 – 120 interviews: The improvement, experience and confidence that comes with it.
- 16:00 – How he landed the 120 interviews: “Who do you know that I should know?”
- 23:00 – The importance of pursuing virtue and why he is passionate about spreading the word.
- 25:10 – Sponsor opportunity to help spread the virtue project.
- 28:31 – What he has learned while trying to sell his services.
- 32:42 – Breaking free from a toxic situation.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Alex: Website | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter
- Your Warrior Voice Blog
- Warrior Attitude by Alex Lanshe
- Rudy Ruettiger
- James Malinchak
- Leap Foundation
- On Combat by Dave Grossman
- Gavin De Becker
Get the Full Episode Transcript: