After deciding that the law profession wasn’t what he wanted to do, Justin Morgan tapped into his online web design and marketing skills to start a highly effective niche business. His focus is on creating link-worthy content and websites for dental practices that provide exposure and client conversion.
On this episode, Justin goes into detail about why SEO is important and not just the “check-box” item that many dentists see it as. He defines the difference between on-site and off-site SEO and why there is more of a need to focus on off-site SEO and do it the right way. By doing this, he explains that it will set your practice out ahead of the crowd.
Another topic Justin touches on is how many digital marketers are preachers rather than teachers. This is what sets him apart because he prides himself in going in to diagnose each situation and teaching clients every step of the way rather than just rattling off the same stale advice. He also talks about sticking to what you’re good at and how he involves each client in different ways depending on their interests, strengths and goals.
- 3:21 – How Justin got started in SEO and Marketing after law school.
- 5:30 – The key to success in the digital marketing industry.
- 7:20 – It’s not about gaming the system, it’s about putting yourself in the searcher’s shoes.
- 10:28 – Defining SEO and why it’s so important.
- 12:45 – The importance of off-page SEO.
- 16:28 – How to set your site apart from the rest of the crowd.
- 17:00 – Don’t hire a digital marketer that doesn’t know your business.
- 19:00 – When to start paying attention to SEO.
- 20:30 – Different levels of involvement that he provides.
- 23:37 – How clients can measure and track their SEO.
- 26:20 – The ultimate goal: New patients and high rankings.
- 28:50 – How he got involved in dental marketing.
- 30:28 – Choosing a niche.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Justin: Blog | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter
- The Dental Marketing Guy
- The Invisalinks Method
Get the Full Episode Transcript: