Today I’m excited to interview CFP, author, and radio host Jerry Tuma about a topic we’re all eager to understand – what the new Trump administration will mean for the economy.
Jerry is the founder and president of Cornerstone Financial Services. He’s also the host of Smart Money Radio, where he talks about economics, real estate, and finance in the U.S. and around the world.
Jerry and I talk about what the incoming Trump presidency might look like for real estate and the economy as a whole. He offers some predictions about what the stock market and interest rates in the U.S. will be doing in the next 18 – 24 months, and we discuss the ripple effects on other markets in Europe and elsewhere. Jerry also offers his thoughts on real estate investment, and whether or not real estate will take a hit anytime soon.
There’s tons of fascinating and potentially rewarding information in this episode – tune in below!
- 1:30 – A brief but important disclaimer about Jerry’s financial advice.
- 2:05 – Jerry’s background and the many areas of expertise we discuss today.
- 6:13 – The Trump effect, and how Jerry predicts the U.S. and global economies will react.
- 17:32 – The future of the national debt and deficit spending.
- 22:28 – Where Jerry sees U.S. interest rates going in the coming months.
- 27:35 – Jerry’s thoughts on U.S. real estate and leveraging debt.
- 29:23 – Europe’s interest rates, how they’ll change going forward, and the impact of Brexit.
- 31:20 – What it means now that the U.S. is the only bull market in the world.
- 35:03 – Why Jerry’s firm had very little real estate in the early 2000s, and how much they have today.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Jerry: Cornerstone Financial Services | Smart Money Radio | Smart Money Newsletter
- From Boom to Bust and Beyond by Jerry Tuma
- Dr. Milton Friedman
- S&P 500
- National Institutes of Health
- Atlanta Fed Wage Growth Tracker
- The Glass-Steagall Act
Get the Full Episode Transcript: