In today’s episode, you’ll listen to a conversation I had with my good friend, Eddie Speed, who has been in real estate alongside me since the 80s. We discuss the different approaches we took, as well as important steps to take when the economy takes a downturn. We also break down the current real estate market and why the economy is probably worse than you think.
In the last 8 weeks, we have added $1.8 trillion to the national deficit. What does that mean for us and how will it affect interest rates, inflation, and more? And what impact is the election cycle and financial cycle having? In today’s economy, timing really does matter, and taking action—even if it isn’t perfect—is key.
- 0:53 – When Eddie started in real estate and what his expertise is in now.
- 4:17 – Why David wrote the article about why the economy may not be as good as you think.
- 7:29 – What interest rates can tell us now about where we’re heading.
- 9:07 – What many people don’t realize about inflation.
- 11:11 – Where the debt limit comes into play and how the election factors into that.
- 15:12 – What we should be looking at to hopefully tell us what to expect.
- 17:42 – What’s going on with deflation and where we’ll see it.
- 19:55 – What helps to stabilize residential markets.
- 25:50 – The importance of balance and how to position yourself in the current economy.
Featured on the Show:
- Eddie Speed: LinkedIn | Colonial Funding Group
- NoteSchool: Facebook | Website
- David Phelps: Economy Is Worse Than Anyone Admits
- Freedom Founders Discovery Call
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include residential/practice equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a free report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: