So often in life, we follow a path that has been deemed ‘for us’ and down the road, we wonder if this path is really what we’re meant to be doing. My good friend Alastair Macdonald joins me on the show to talk about reinvention and the importance of taking responsibility for your education and evolution. You will learn about how to choose the right path, the importance of mentorship, and how to succeed in the right way.
Listen in as we go over what qualifies people to be what they are and how we so often misqualify ourselves in many ways. Alastair also shares a piece of his own upbringing and provides insight into the importance of allowing children to have their own experiences. You will also hear about how to get unstuck from a rut so that you can pivot into better and more meaningful things.
- 3:10 – How Alastair grew up and the benefit of not getting stuck in your career path.
- 6:20 – The scale of possible difficulty and how that may affect decisions and crisis management.
- 9:50 – The value of on-the-job training and mentorship.
- 14:50 – Where Alastair’s career changed and the scary part of changing direction.
- 18:08 – Mistaking the ‘how’ for the ‘what.’
- 20:55 – Why you should never disregard your own experience.
- 24:43 – The importance of developing additional skillsets as you go.
- 28:00 – Why specialization isn’t for everyone and lateral movements are key.
Featured on the Show:
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include residential/practice equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a free report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: