Many of us may dream of being able to take our foot off the pedal in our practice and put energy into something else. In this week’s podcast, you’ll hear about the overall mindset and actions taken by a particular doctor when he exited his practice early in life. (Last week, we took apart the framework of the whole DSO transaction and variables that need to be looked at to make the right move. Check it out here!)
Listen in to hear how this doctor executed his transition including building the right team and investing in the right infrastructure to set his practice up for success. You’ll learn the key details that helped him and his business partner navigate hiring, training, and setting up a solid system that works well for everyone. Alastair Macdonald also joins the conversation to help explain critical concepts that allow for more courage, confidence, and unconfined creativity.
- 2:16 – What gave this doctor permission to take his foot off the pedal.
- 4:54 – How to create a supportive staff and process that enables a practice to thrive.
- 7:18 – The challenge of finding the right administrative support.
- 8:30 – What provides a profound shift (and relief) in business.
- 11:24 – The superpower that everyone has access to.
- 14:04 – The importance of letting go, delegating, and bringing in help.
- 15:21 – How to lighten our mental burden.
- 16:52 – The difference between commitment and obligation.
Featured on the Show:
- Alastair Macdonald: TEDx | DSN | Facebook
- Canaries in the DSO Coal Mine – Analyzing Trends in the DSO and Private Equity Marketplaces (Part 1) – Alastair MacDonald: Ep #457
- Freedom Founders Discovery Call
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace your active practice income with passive investment income within 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include residential/practice equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a free report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: