It’s time for every one of you to start taking more control over your financial future. Abdicating important decisions to Wall Street or any single money manager is not going to be the plan that gets you where you want to go. In this episode, you will hear a part of a Dental Nachos webinar with Paul Goodman, where we discuss the role of a financial advisor and shed light on the areas where you may want to be stepping up and taking more control in the next few years.
The market going forward is going to be vastly different over the next decade. You’ll hear how you can get things in order financially and make sure you’re using your financial advisor to your best advantage without abdicating too much responsibility for your finances. You will hear valuable insight about the shift that happens when you find out how to build margin, ways to create multiple streams of income, what to invest in, and more.
- 2:29 – Where we are in the market cycle.
- 5:44 – Why we got into dentistry and how we should be handling our finances.
- 7:20 – What cost of capital is and why it’s so important.
- 11:43 – What inspired my shift from clinical dentistry into another space.
- 19:55 – Where dentists often go wrong when it comes to finances.
- 26:10 – The importance of cash flow.
- 30:08 – Why your practice sale shouldn’t be your only retirement plan.
- 36:07 – Why active income is where wealth begins and why it shouldn’t be forgotten.
- 41:25 – What’s going on with the economy and inflation—and what you can do about it right now.
Featured on the Show:
- Paul Goodman: LinkedIn | Twitter | Podcast
- Dental Nachos
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace the earned income you need from your practice with investment income in as little as 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up markets and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: