Today you’ll get to hear the second part of my conversation with Dr. Mike Abernathy. (If you missed last week’s episode, be sure to go back and listen to the first part of the conversation.) This time, we’ll focus on your financial independence, legacy, community support, investing outside of your practice, and so much more.
Listen in as Mike and I dig a bit deeper into the successful dynamics of practice ownership today and where things are headed. You will hear our reflections on our careers, as well as why adapting to change is key. We also discuss how education and community come into play in regards to making better decisions and creating the right opportunities.
- 1:40 – Why it’s important to be aware of your limiting beliefs.
- 4:34 – Why Freedom Founders is so educational.
- 6:26 – The importance of transitioning in the right way.
- 11:02 – The deal with DSOs lately and how to position yourself.
- 14:21 – Finding the right people to invest with.
- 17:54 – The value of having your spouse working and learning alongside you.
- 20:30 – Why it’s crucial to pass on knowledge and create a legacy.
Featured on the Show:
- Dr. Mike Abernathy: LinkedIn | Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
- The $100,000 Practice and How to Build It by Robert P. Levoy
Watch full length Interviews on video!
Watch full length interviews on David’s YouTube channel by going to www.DentistFreedomBlueprint.
Join the tribe of dentists ditching Wall Street. Get more insights, resources and inspiration for creating asset based income and Freedom. Follow us on Facebook here.
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Schedule a Call with My Team:
If you’d like to replace the earned income you need from your practice with investment income in as little as 2-3 years, and you have at least 1M in available capital (can include equity or practice sale), then schedule a call with my team. If it looks like there is a mutual fit, you’ll have the opportunity to attend one of our upcoming member events as a guest.
2. Become a Full-Cycle Investor:
There are many self-proclaimed genius investors today who think everything they touch turns to gold. But they’re about to learn the hard way what others have gained through “expensive” experience. I’m offering a report on how to become a full-cycle investor, who knows how to preserve and grow capital in Up markets and Down markets. Will you be prepared when the inevitable recession hits? Get your free report here.
3. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Click here to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
Want to know more about David and schedule him as a speaker or podcast guest? Go to doctorphelps.com to book David now.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: