Solo dentists are dealing with rising corporate competition and a reduction in reimbursements from managed care. Dr. Scott Leune joins us today to talk about leveraging the benefits of corporate efficiencies while thriving in your private practice.
Scott is the CEO of Breakaway Practice, a dental consulting firm that specializes in creating growth for dental practices and creating the efficiencies that increase profits. He built 3 successful startup practices in San Antonio by learning from his mistakes during rapid periods of growth and not being afraid to talk calculated risks. Over the last 4 years, through the Breakaway Affiliate Program, Scott has helped build approximately 80 startup practices nationwide.
Today, Scott shares how private dentists can best position themselves to leverage the opportunities available while competing against corporate dentistry conglomerates. Dentists who will thrive need to understand the trends and develop a plan to operating at maximum efficiency in a polarized industry.
Want to find out what the corporate giants know that private dentists do not? That’s exactly what we divulge on this episode.
Click “play” below to listen in…
- 1:35 – Dr. Scott Leune’s biography.
- 3.54 – How he developed his dentistry business acumen, how he learned his business lessons.
- 6:34 – How he defines risk.
- 7:30 – How he has developed into an efficient leader.
- 11:00 – The heart of the focus for his business.
- 13:40 – Trends in the insurance and dental industry and how that will impact solo practices.
- 18:00 – How insurance companies are legally operating as owners of DSO.
- 19:20 – Options for private dentists who want to remain private.
- 22:10 – How private practices can best survive.
- 23:00 – Advantages to working with Breakaway Practice.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Scott: BreakawayPractice.com
Get the Full Episode Transcript: