In this episode, I am joined by Jacob Puhl. As CEO of the Dentist Entrepreneur Organization (DEO), Jake provides group practice leaders with the resources and support they need to unify their team by thinking like a CEO. After years of guiding entrepreneurs, Jake has plenty of knowledge about running a tight business that he is going to share with us today.
We touch on what brought Jake to dentistry, where he thinks dentistry as a business is going, and the importance of accepting change if you want to accelerate your practice’s growth. Listen in if you are a committed dentist-entrepreneur looking to grow and learn as a business professional.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify | More
- 01:20 – An overview of Jake’s career and background.
- 03:48 – What brought him to dentistry.
- 05:55 – Where he thinks dentistry is going.
- 08:44 – Why you must run a practice like a business and think like a CEO.
- 13:28 – The aspirations and visions for DEO.
- 15:20 – How we can accept change for the better of our companies.
- 17:00 – How to figure out who you are and where you want your career to go.
- 20:42 – The situations some of you are in and what your options are going forward.
- 24:00 – Whether selling to your own associate is an exit option.
- 26:55 – How to get out of a rut.
- 30:40 – Key concepts to take away from this episode.
Featured on the Show:
- Jacob Puhl: Website
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Go to www.FreedomFounders.com/Scorecard to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
2. Attend A Workshop:
If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, our hands-on Freedom Blueprint Workshops are your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/workshop to claim your seat!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind:
If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit www.freedomfounders.com/step-1 to apply for a seat.
4. Want to Work Directly with Me?
If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call (972) 203-6960 Ext 144 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access program – we’ll set up a time with you to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.