Today I’m joined by Justin Short and David Maloley, the masterminds behind the book Titans of Dentistry: How the top performers think and act differently. They’re here to share key insights into the dental field and the important lessons they learned as they discovered what went into the success of many of the most notable people in dentistry today.
Listen in to hear Justin and David discuss the process of creating their book, from the vision behind it to the connections it took to make it happen. You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at what went into putting together this incredible tool, as well as how Justin and David have done things differently in order to achieve so much in their own careers.
- 3:28 – Justin Short’s background and journey to success.
- 5:43 – The importance of chasing after the right thing rather than the common thing.
- 7:17 – The trials David Maloley went through and what kept him going.
- 9:50 – Where the idea for Titans of Dentistry came from and the vision behind it.
- 13:05 – How Justin and David worked together on interviews and piecing the project together.
- 15:55 – What the iceberg effect is.
- 18:04 – How Justin and David decided on the variety of people they interviewed.
- 20:10 – The importance of defining “titan” and what success looks like to different people.
- 21:25 – The commonalities they found between all of the titans they interviewed.
- 26:11 – The correlation between success and who you associate with.
- 29:09 – What’s next for Justin and David, personally and together.
Featured on the Show:
- David Maloley: Website | Podcast | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
- Justin Short: Website | Blog | Facebook
- Titans of Dentistry by Justin Short and David Maloley
- Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss
- Pete Dawson
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think) :
1. Get Your Free Retirement Scorecard:
Benchmark your retirement and wealth-building against hundreds of other practice professionals, and get personalized feedback on your biggest opportunities and leverage points. Go to www.FreedomFounders.com/Scorecard to take the 3 minute assessment and get your scorecard.
2. Attend A Workshop:
If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, our hands-on Freedom Blueprint Workshops are your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/workshop to claim your seat!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind:
If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit www.freedomfounders.com/step-1 to apply for a seat.
4. Want to Work Directly with Me?
If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call (972) 203-6960 Ext 144 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access program – we’ll set up a time with you to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: