What would you be willing to sacrifice to gain success? Are you willing to take risks and break away from ‘normal’ to live a unique and successful life? Tom Berry joins the show to talk about how important it is to take risks and be willing to make sacrifices in order to reach your goals. He also points out how important family legacy (past and future) is to your success.
Listen in to hear about Tom’s journey from humble beginnings to the successful place he’s in now, including what he learned along the way. He reflects on prideful and risk-averse mistakes he made and how you can make better decisions. Tom also gives some incredible advice on success – from non-negotiables and getting your spouse on board to preparing for big challenges.
- 1:55 – Tom’s background and career path beginnings.
- 3:30 – How family lineage affects people and why it is important to Tom.
- 7:36 – How to be less risk-averse and find what truly works for you.
- 9:46 – Two things Tom would not—and did not—give up in order to find success.
- 11:11 – How to get your spouse to be supportive of your goals.
- 19:05 – Ways to deal with challenges and not be obsessed with fear.
- 23:12 – Tom’s stance on investing and how his strategy has evolved.
- 28:38 – His take on running a business, working on projects and the importance of collaboration.
- 31:00 – How to best assess someone’s character or integrity.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Tom: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube
- Berry Hill Ranch
- Galco Properties
- Edgewater Property Solutions
- Private Equity Fund
- Investor Loan Source
- DiSC Profile
- “If McDonald’s Is A Real Estate Business, What Business Are You In?” by Peter Tanham
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think):
1. Grab the first 3 chapters of my latest book: “From High Income To High Net Worth – For Dentists.” The Ultimate guide for anyone who desires to build cash flow and net worth through real estate investment without ever meeting a tenant or fixing a toilet. Visit www.freedomfounders.com/free-book-chapters and start reading.
2. Become An Insider: If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, Freedom Insider is your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/insider and click the big orange “Become An Insider” button!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind: If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit this link to apply for a seat. www.freedomfounders.com/step-1
4. Want to Move to the Front of the Line? Fast Access Insider Group: If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call 888-548-5855 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access Insider Group – we’ll set up a time to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.