Take a seat at the Freedom Founders mastermind, with the first of a four-part Summer series where you get to listen in on some of the great advice and insight usually reserved just for members. In this episode, Dr. David Phelps will be talking about the different ways you can build your portfolio in sustainable ways that make sense for your lifestyle. From being on the ownership side to taking the lender position, he will be delivering a ton of information that will help you understand the different areas and find out where you fit in best.
Dr. Phelps emphasizes the importance of great partnerships and why you cannot and should not be trying to do this on your own. He also discusses where he started and how he would do things differently today. At the end, you can listen in to a great Q&A session that may clear up some questions or doubts you may have.
- 0:50 – Passive income vs. recurring revenue and annuitized income
- 5:50 – The importance of partnerships and NOT doing it by yourself.
- 9:00 – What David would do differently today.
- 10:20 – Explaining the benefits and downsides to different kinds of ownership.
- 15:18 – How to be on the lender side.
- 25:20 – How to get the capital to be a lender.
- 32:10 – Explaining money buckets.
- 36:32 – The benefits and drawbacks of buying in tax-pay money.
- 40:38: – Using margin on a stock portfolio – instead of getting a mortgage.
- 42:50 – The call option and longer term deals.
- 46:32 – Thoughts on Dodd Frank and its effect on the marketplace.
- 48:57 – Investments recommended to people just starting out.
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with David: Site | Twitter | Blog | Facebook | YouTube
- Mike Abernathy
- Quincy Long of Quest IRA
- Dave Van Horn
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think):
1. Grab the first 3 chapters of my latest book: “From High Income To High Net Worth – For Dentists.” The Ultimate guide for anyone who desires to build cash flow and net worth through real estate investment without ever meeting a tenant or fixing a toilet. Visit www.freedomfounders.com/free-book-chapters and start reading.
2. Become An Insider: If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, Freedom Insider is your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/insider and click the big orange “Become An Insider” button!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind: If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit this link to apply for a seat. www.freedomfounders.com/step-1
4. Want to Move to the Front of the Line? Fast Access Insider Group: If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call 888-548-5855 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access Insider Group – we’ll set up a time to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.