My guest today is a nationally recognized real estate author and investor with nearly forty years of experience. He also happens to be a gentleman who got me started in real estate back in my early 20s, so it’s a real treat to have him on the show to share his expertise.
John Schaub teaches real estate acquisition, management, and investment, and after experiencing multiple recessions and quite a few tax law changes, he has seen it all when it comes to real estate. Listen in to hear his take on the current market, where new investors tend to go wrong, and the opportunities out there for investors today.
- 3:56 – Why John didn’t stick with brokerage.
- 5:20 – His unique approach to real estate.
- 6:55 –The common mistake new investors tend to make.
- 8:33 – Advice on what investment strategy to take in the current market.
- 12:25 – What gets people into trouble during a recession.
- 16:34 – The effect of so many millennials being renters rather than buying houses.
- 18:03 – How investors should look at the three subsets of population demographics and the differences in life goals for those groups.
- 22:48 – When people should start paying down debt.
- 27:53 – The pitfalls and opportunities of rising interest rates.
- 30:25 – Why John would rather deal with financing than heavy property renovation.
- 32:18 – His take on liquidity in today’s market.
Featured on the Show:
- John Schaub: Website
- Building Wealth One House at a Time by John Schaub
P.S. Whenever you’re ready, here are some other ways I can help fast track you to your Freedom goal (you’re closer than you think):
1. Grab the first 3 chapters of my latest book:
“From High Income To High Net Worth – For Dentists.” The Ultimate guide for anyone who desires to build cash flow and net worth through real estate investment without ever meeting a tenant or fixing a toilet. Visit www.freedomfounders.com/free-book-chapters and start reading.
2. Become An Insider:
If you’re committed to Freedom, but still building a practice, paying down school debt, or growing investment capital, Freedom Insider is your entrance ramp onto the fast track! Visit www.freedomfounders.com/insider and click the big orange “Become An Insider” button!
3. Apply To Visit The Mastermind:
If you’d like to join dozens of dentists, docs, and practice professionals on the fast track to Freedom (5-7 years max), visit this link to apply for a seat. www.freedomfounders.com/step-1
4. Want to Move to the Front of the Line? Fast Access Insider Group:
If you’d like to work directly with me and a small group of my closest investment colleagues, with direct access to the dealmakers and asset classes that I invest in, just send a message to my Executive Assistant (Lindsey@FreedomFounders.com), and put “Fast Access” in the subject line. Or, call 888-548-5855 and leave a brief voicemail for Lindsey. Let her know you’re interested in the Fast Access Insider Group – we’ll set up a time to talk, find out about your goals, and see if there is a fit.
Get the Full Episode Transcript: