We’re going to do things a little differently in today’s episode. Instead of Dr. David Phelps interviewing a guest, he’ll be sharing his reaction to The White Coat Investor’s blog post, entitled “The Pros and Cons of Income Investing.”
The author of the post, Dr. Jim Dahle, is the founder of The White Coat Investor and a notable advocate for helping doctors and colleagues develop financial acumen. His primary focus is on the more traditional avenues of investing through Wall Street, while Dr. Phelps has taken a different path and advocates real estate investing. Tune in to hear Dr. Phelps break down the blog post and share his thoughts and concerns along the way.
- 4:20 – A look at real estate investing vs. passive investing on Wall Street.
- 5:25 – The common misconceptions people have about real estate.
- 6:50 – What Dr. Dahle says real estate investors don’t understand.
- 10:23 – The advantages and disadvantages of high yield vs. total return.
- 12:30 – Dr. Phelps’ thoughts on leverage.
- 15:55 – Insight on managing retirement accounts among real estate investors.
- 17:39 – Dr. Phelps’ reaction to Dr. Dahle’s claim that income investors “work too long and die with too much.”
- 19:35 – What Dr. Phelps considers the big payoff in real estate investing.
Featured on the Show:
Get the Full Episode Transcript: